In an effort to take on the increased competition from the Chinese smartphone makers, including Xiaomi, Vivo, and Oppo, Samsung is launching a new phone Samsung Galaxy A80. As, compared to its other Galaxy A-series phones this phone has very different and very unique style and build up quality.
Samsung Galaxy A80 has become the first phone by the company which has interesting form factor that includes a slider as well as a rotating triple camera setup. Which means that by using the same set of cameras you can take pictures and videos from the front and back by just flipping the camera to take selfies, or capture stuff from the rear camera.
Build and Design
The Galaxy A80 is built with a glass and metal, the smartphone looks great and feels solid and premium in hand, however given the large size of the phone, some consumers may find it hard to operate with just one hand. Also, the glass front and back of the phone pick up fingerprints easily. The Samsung Galaxy A80 measures 165.20 x 76.50 x 9.30mm (height x width x thickness) and weights 220 grams. It was launched in Angel Gold, Ghost White, and Phantom Black colours.
Samsung Galaxy A80 features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1,080 x 2,400 pixels which the company is calling “New Infinity Display” and an in-display fingerprint scanner on the front. The display on the front is completely bezel-less thanks to a rotating pop-up camera which is spring loaded to face you depending upon your need.
Hardware and memory
Samsung Galaxy A80 is powered by Qualcomm’s brand-new Snapdragon 730G SoC, which is built on 8nm manufacturing process and runs on Android 9 Pie with Samsung’s One UI. The Snapdragon 730G is joined by Adreno 618 GPU to take care of the graphics. Speaking of gaming experience, it has enhanced gaming thanks to a slightly faster GPU.
The new smartphone will come in one variant that is 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage as well. Unfortunately, there is no microSD card slot for storage expansion.
The Galaxy A80 comes with a rotating triple camera setup that includes a huge 48MP primary sensor f/2.0, an 8-MP secondary sensor with an ultra-wide-angle f/2.2 lens, and a 3D depth camera. For selfies, the camera rotates and flips to the front.
Connectivity options on the Samsung Galaxy A80 include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India) with active 4G on both SIM cards. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Samsung Galaxy A80 supports face unlock.
The Samsung Galaxy A80 houses a 3,700mAh, Li-Polymer battery and supports 25W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A80 Specifications
- Model – Galaxy A80
- Release in India – Jun 15, 2019 (expected)
- Price – Rs. 44,990
- Status – Available
- Dimensions – 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm
- Weight – 220 Grams (with Battery)
- Colours – Angel Gold, Ghost White, and Phantom Black
- Size – 6.7 in (inches)
- Resolution – 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Pixel Density – 393 ppi (pixels per inch)
- Type – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Protection – Corning Gorilla Glass 3
HARDWARE AND MEMORY
- Operating system – Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- CPU – Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8nm)
- GPU – Adreno 612
- RAM (Memory) – 8GB
- Internal Storage – 128GB
- Memory Card Slot – No
- Rear Camera – 48MP+8MP+TOF 3D Camera
- Features – LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video – [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera – Motorized pop-up rotating main camera module.
- Features – LED Flash, HDR
- Video – [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
NETWORK & CONNECTIVITY
- SIM – Dual SIM
- Dual SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM)
- 4G LTE – Yes
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB – 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Radio – FM radio
- Sensors – Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos sound
- Capacity – Li-Po 3700 mAh battery
- Placement – Non-Removable
- Charging – Fast battery charging 25W
For, more such phone reviews stay tuned to RZreviews till then do share and comment on my post.