Samsung’s sixth phone in its refreshed Galaxy A series, the phone features one of the biggest display by Samsung and has a huge battery to back it up.
While the Galaxy A50 was strictly a mid-range smartphone and a step in the right direction, the A70 takes the fight to more premium phones like the Vivo V15 Pro, Oppo F11 Pro, POCO F1 and Nokia 8.1 among others.
Having said that, does the Galaxy A70 come with enough firepower to take on the slightly more premium phones, we find out.
Build and Design
One of the most striking features of the Samsung Galaxy A70 is its design. The Galaxy A70 is like a larger version of the Galaxy A50. It comes in three colours; Blue, Black, Coral and White. Samsung Galaxy A70 measures 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm and it weighs 183g which is heavier than A50.
Instead of glass, the back is made of shiny plastic which Samsung likes to call ‘3D Glasstic’. The frame is also plastic and not metal. On front Inside the notch is a 32MP selfie camera and one barely noticeable earpiece grille just above it. There is no notification LED on the A70.
The Galaxy A70 is equipped with a 6.7-inch full-HD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-U display with 20:9 aspect ratio. Only with such a large display, you’ll hardly get distracted by the notch and so you’re left with a stunningly immersive widescreen experience. Brightness levels are adequate, so you won’t have trouble look at the screen under harsh sunlight.
Galaxy A70 is powered by a 2.0Ghz octa-core Snapdragon 675 chipset paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage and it allows storage expandability up to 512GB via a microSD card. Luckily, the phone ships with Android v.9.0 (Pie)-based One UI. The Qualcomm chipset helps the Galaxy A70 perform smoothly. The phone is really fast at opening and loading apps. When it comes to games like PUBG, the Galaxy A70 will show no lags or stutters in medium graphic.
As far as the camera is concerned, Galaxy A70 comes with a triple-lens setup with a 32MP, f/1.7 aperture primary sensor along with an 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide and 5MP, f/2.2 depth sensor. On the front there is a 32MP, f/2.2 camera for selfies.
In low light Samsung Galaxy A70’s primary camera do relatively well, delivering noise-free, sharp images. Selfies are of slightly lesser quality in comparison to the rear camera due to low aperture, but it is still a rather impressive result.
The Samsung Galaxy A70 sports a massive 4500mAh battery, which it manages to pack into a relatively slim 7.8mm thick body. In real life usage, you get about 2 days’ worth of usage out of the phone, which is pretty impressive. The supplied 25W fast charger tops up the battery in roughly 100 minutes, which is also equally impressive.
Samsung Galaxy A70 Specifications
- Model – Galaxy A70
- Release in India – April, 2019
- Price – Rs. 28,990
- Status – Available
- Dimensions – 164.3 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
- Weight – 183 Grams (with Battery)
- Colours – Coral, Blue, Black, White
- Size – 6.7 in (inches)
- Resolution – 1080 x 2440 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Pixel Density – 393 ppi (pixels per inch)
- Type – Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Operating system – Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- CPU – Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver)
- Chipset – Qualcomm SDM675 Snapdragon 675
- GPU – Adreno 612
- RAM (Memory) – 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage – 128GB
- Memory Card Slot – microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera – 32MP+8MP+5MP
- Features – LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video – [email protected], [email protected]/240fps
- Front Camera – 32MP
- Features – HDR
- Video – [email protected]
NETWORK & CONNECTIVITY
- SIM – Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Dual SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM)
- 4G LTE – Yes
- WLAN – Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- GPS – Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Bluetooth – 5.0, A2DP, LE
- USB – Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Radio – FM radio
- Sensors – Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Loudspeaker – Yes
- 3.5mm jack – Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Capacity – Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Placement – Non-Removable
- Charging – Fast battery charging 25W
For, more such phone reviews and comparisons stay tuned to RZreviews till then do share and comment on my post.